Thursday, 25 September 2014

Lagos House of Assembly members ask Fashola to rename IDH after Adadevoh


Members of the Lagos State House of Assembly moved a motion yesterday September 24th asking the state Governor, Babatunde Fashola to rename the Infectious Disease Hospital, IDH, where Ebola disease patients were recently treated, after Doctor Stella Adadevoh.

The motion for her to be immortalized was moved by Hon Adefunmilayo Tejuoso and seconded by Hon Muyiwa Jimoh. The lawmakers said Dr. Adadevoh's act of stopping Sawyer from leaving the First Consultant hospital after she found out he was infected with the deadly virus, saved many lives
 
The Speaker of the House of Assembly, Adeyemi Ikuforiji directed the clerk of the House, Segun Abiru to communicate the decision to the state Governor. If approved by the Governor, the hospital will be known as the Stella Adadevoh Infectious Disease Hospital. Hope he approves..

Pictures of the fake Abubakar Shekau when he was captured resurface online



Too many stories at the same time. The fight against Boko Haram is becoming clearer to the Nigerian troops and kinda conflicting to us as the pictures of the fake Abubakar Shekau is dominating the social media these few days with different story lines accompany it. We have been made to believe anything we see until proven otherwise.  See an alleged pic of him after he was executed after the cut.

Tuesday, 23 September 2014

“Abubakar Shekau” killed was one Bashir Mohammed - SR


A Nigerian military intelligence source has told SaharaReporters that the top Boko Haram figure killed in a recent operation was one Bashir Mohammed, leader of the Islamist sect’s Uye camp.
Cameroonian authorities yesterday released a photo of a dead man they identified as Abubakar Shekau, the loquacious and attention-seeking leader of the terrorist group that has launched deadly strikes in Nigeria’s northeast zone as well as Cameroon. The Nigerian intelligence source told SaharaReporters that Nigerian soldiers, not Cameroonian troops, had killed Mr. Bashir last Friday in a fierce battle against Boko Haram insurgents in Konduga, Borno State. The late Mr. Bashir, who bore a striking resemblance to Abubakar Shekau and had appeared in a recent video, was killed as he led insurgents who were attempting to capture Konduga and then made a bid to seize Maiduguri, the Borno State capital, as well.

Man who rape a 20year old girl and later uploads her nude pics online


The Lagos state Police command has arrested 30 year old Olaniyan Oluwakayode (pictured above) after he allegedly raped a 20 year old girl at his apartment in the Ifako Ijaiye area of Lagos on Tuesday September 16th and then allegedly posted nude pics of the girl online.

According to Vanguard, Olaniyan, a native of Osun state, claimed the rape victim who hails from Akwa Ibom state was his girlfriend but the girl denied this, claiming that he was a random guy who had asked her out but she refused.

"I have my own boyfriend. He is a guy that used to stop me any time I was going to work. He approached me for friendship and I refused. I did not go to his house as he alleged. On my way back from work Tuesday last week, I saw someone running out of his house. He held my hand saying he wanted to do what was on his mind. I asked him why he would do what was on his mind when I had not even accepted his advances. He insisted and dragged me inside the bush. When I wanted to shout, he brought out a

Women protest half naked against Kaduna state governor


Women in Fadan Karshi in Sanga local government in Kaduna yesterday protested half naked when the governor of the state, Mukhtar Yero, came to pay them a condolence visit. Their grievance? Well, according to the indigene of the state who sent the pics to Sahara Reporters, over a thousand people have been killed in the area and neighboring towns and villages by terrorists since March this year, and the governor never came to see them until yesterday when he showed up with hundreds of security personnel following last week's attack that left over 40 people dead.

The angry women, who felt they'd been abandoned, lay on the ground crying as the governor and his team came through their town. more pictures after the cut

Monday, 22 September 2014

Photo: Police hunt man who killed siblings, hacked two in Edo state


The Edo State police command has launched a manhunt for 50 year old Mike Okeze, for allegedly hacking two children to death and viciously attacking two others.

According to a report by Punch, Okeze stormed the home of his neighbour, Oliver Udeh, last Wednesday September 17th in Okha II community, off Old Sapele Road in the Ikpoba-Okha LGA of Edo State, and attacked his children with a machete. He killed Udeh's two children, Destiny (3years) and Samson (6years). He then attacked two other children, Goodness (4years - pictured left) and Gift (8years - pictured right). He severed Goodness' arm and tore the nose of Gift.

Friday, 5 September 2014

3rd American Ebola patient arrives U.S for treatment

 
The third American doctor to be diagnosed with the Ebola virus arrived Nebraska about an hour to begin his treatment. Dr Richard Sacra (pictured above) contracted the deadly virus while working in Liberia. Dr Sacra wasn't treating Ebola patients when he was infected.
He was today flown to the Nebraska Medical Center's biocontainment patient care unit, one of the four facilities in America designed specifically to treat patients exposed to extremely dangerous infectious organisms.

Two other Americans were recently treated of the deadly virus using the experimental drug, ZMapp.